There are different symptoms of sinusitis that a person is suffering from and it may vary from person to person. Pressure and pain is felt in the face with stuffy and runny nose. Green and yellow discharge is experienced from the nose. Facial pain and pressure is felt on moving the head forward or backward.
- Maxillary sinus can cause pain over the cheek and upper teeth.
- Frontal sinus is the cause of pain in the forehead and above the eyebrow.
- Sphenoid sinus inflammation can create pain behind the eyes, on the top of the head or both temples.
- Ethmoid sinus inflammation is the cause of pain around the eyes or behind the eyes.
- Headaches in severity.
- Excessive bad breath.
- Mucus is produced by the cough.
- Nose remain stuffy and blocked.
- Constant fever.
- Pain in tooth
- Sense of smell and taste is almost reduced.
- Pain is felt over the bridge of the nose.
- Constant sneezing.
- Eyes and nose remain itchy.
- Throat clearing is done frequently.
- Postnasal drip is actually moving from nose into the throat.
- Headache is really worse in the morning time and when riding some vehicle or elevator.
- Chills are experienced.
- Pain in the roof of the teeth and mouth.
- Feeling of earache, tenderness and swelling behind the ear.
- Vomiting with sever headache is felt.
- Hoarse voice and soreness in throat is experienced.
- Fatigue and irritability.
- Weakness and tiredness.
- Snoring and raspy voice.
- Puffy eyes.
- Asthma and bronchitis
Acute and Chronic Sinusitis Symptoms
Viral infection can be the cause of acute sinusitis. It will develop quite rapidly and lasts for minimum four weeks. Chronic sinusitis is actually developed from a bacterial infection. It is the most difficult to treat and can make the person permanently more prone to sinus infections. Some allergy testing or surgery is suggested by the doctor after it is not treated by taking two or more antibiotics. Coughing and nasal discharge are the symptoms that can last for seven to ten days in children.
Sinusitis Treatment with Medicines
- Humidifiers and salt water sprays
Sinusitis Prevention and Natural Cure
1. Stop allergens exposure.
2. Household ventilation is to be improved.
3. Humidifier in home must be used.
4. Keep bed elevated from head portion in sleep.
5. Air pollutants must be avoided.
6. Regular Exercise and have balanced diet.
7. Exposure to person with known infection is minimized.
8. Sinus-clearing foods must be taken to break down mucus namely fresh fruit, vegetables, salads, fish and hot chicken broth.
9. Beneficial foods like garlic, onions, chillies, ginger, horseradish, mutard and pineapple should be regular part of diet.
10. Mucus-forming foods like dairy products, eggs, wheat, fried and fatty, pasteries, sugar, beer and chocolate and cold foods are minimized.